Not too long ago, cash registers were the only game in town. But these days restaurants and retailers have numerous choices of POS Systems. Replacing those antiquated cash registers with modern point of sale devices carries a number of important benefits.
1. Point of Sale Systems simplify the accounting process. Why spend hours every day/week/month going through hundreds of receipts when a POS System provides owners/managers and accounting staff clear, concise reporting information that can be automatically emailed daily eliminating unnecessary and timely administrative tasks.
2. Unlike a cash register, a POS systems often includes an overall Inventory management system. Owners, managers, and chefs can track their biggest sellers and reorder those products before stock gets low, all by running a simple report.
3. It is easy to look up past transactions. If you need to know how much you sold last Tuesday (or last month, etc…) a POS System will give you that info in a snap. It would take many laborious hours to find the same answer using a cash register.
4. Use a POS System to create purchase orders. Eliminate an extra step in the ordering process. You can even automate the ordering process to make sure you never run out of your hottest selling products.
5. Employees are more comfortable with POS devices than old fashioned cash registers. The generation entering (and currently in) today’s work force never knew a time without computers or iPads. As a result, they are very comfortable working with technology in today’s POS devices.
6. Point of Sale devices provide faster service than cash registers. Every part of the process, from authorizing a credit card transaction to reprinting a receipt, is significantly faster with a POS system.
7. Customers receive more informative, itemized receipts with POS devices. Most cash registers can only print the date and the amount of the sale. Since POS systems are programmed with specific inventory items, they provide much more detailed info, including a description of the item, the list price, and a sale price if applicable.
8. Point of sale systems cut down on human error. Hitting a wrong key is always a risk when ringing in a sale, however POS Systems have built in “checks and balances” to ensure that the items have been accurately rung up.
9. You can see real time sales and reporting info with a POS. You will not get any current sales or reporting info from a cash register, essentially, leaving you “blind” to many important pieces of information about your sales for the day.
10. Accountability, Reliability, and full Visibility to all sales and employee info with Remote Management capabilities. Human error, mistakes, missed sales and more “oversights” add up to hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars a year that you’re losing out on by working on pen and paper.
As you can see, there are many reasons why your business should consider ditching an old fashioned cash register in favor of a state of the art POS system. A point of sale system will cut the cost of doing business while increasing productivity, boosting sales, and streamlining operations, which can only improve your bottom line!